£281.13 - £325 per day
25 days ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our busy offices based in Yate on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £281.13 per day PAYE.
As the Project Manager, your main duties will include:
- A project strategy to ensure the best value, with co-ordinated execution plans for each element of the overall project.
- An overall programme to ensure all work streams are co-ordinated and actively monitor and manage to minimise slippage.
- A communications plan, setting out and timely and appropriate arrangements for liaison, consultation and the distribution of information.
- A risk register, with each being allocated to an appropriate owner for active management.
- Clear budgetary controls
- The project manager will have responsibility for the overall coordination and delivery of the outcomes required. This post will be accountable to a project board that will have responsibility for providing guidance and decision making as appropriate to address any escalated issues and ensure goals are achieved.
To be successful for this Project Manager post you will need to have:
- Hold a property/construction/planning related degree or equivalent qualification and significant relevant experience in project management and the successful delivery of large and complex sites.
- Demonstrable skills in leading and co-ordinating complex property projects without supervision with wide-ranging professional knowledge.
- Broad, current knowledge of Town Panning processes, housing standards and delivery, relevant construction contracts, legislation and guidance relating to education provision.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing and explanation of technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Have in-depth experience in the use of programming software (e.g. Asta Powerproject) to produce Gantt charts
- Knowledge of developing and delivering design briefs
- Ability to persuade others and influence outcomes critical to the organisation.
- Proven negotiating skills and the ability to achieve the most economically advantageous outcomes
- Financial experience sufficient to manage budgets of up to £50m
- Public procurement knowledge
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.