£20.67 - £21.67 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Project Manager on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £20.67p/h.
To direct, prioritise and plan the coordination and delivery of one or more major change or redesign projects within the Councils Major Projects Portfolio in order to achieve the defined outcomes i.e. savings, business benefits and culture change.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management: To provide professional support in the management of electric vehicle charge point schemes supporting the uptake of electric vehicles in Portsmouth. Work to recognised project management standards (e.g. Prince 2) and to the council's own project management requirements. Leading on project management and in the directing, managing and monitoring of external consultants and project staff in the completion of work packages and ensuring targets for time, cost, quality, scope, benefits and risk are achieved.
- Financial Control: Prepare estimates, monitor and review project costs to ensure completion within agreed budgets. Keep accurate records of finances to be shared at internal boards and with external funders. Achieve required level of quality and ensure value for money. Agree final measures and payments.
- Scheme Implementation: To provide professional support through successful project management throughout the life of a project from feasibility through implementation through to and including installation. Assist in ensuring design and installation works are to programme, within project budget and that risks and benefits are appropriately managed and tracked. Lead in the preparation and assessment of tenders and contract documents with support from legal, procurement, financial and technical teams. Work closely with the relevant technical teams to develop and deliver projects in accordance with the PID. Produce and maintain accurately the Project Initiation Documents (mandate, business case, programme, risk register, budget etc.).
- Communication: To liaise with the project client, project team, consultants, stakeholders including elected members and the general public through email, phone calls, meetings and site visits. To prepare reports (including regular reports to the Project Board), as required. Liaise with other departments, to set the policy requirements and co-ordinate electric vehicle infrastructure for the council as a whole to ensure a joined up approach. Ensure design works and installation of works are to programme and within project budget.
Skills and Experience:
Minimum 5 years of relevant post graduate experience.
- Ability to manage small scale transport projects (values up to £500,000) from initiation through to successful completion.
- Experience of managing and tendering for contracts
- Ability to lead small project teams through delegation and management.
- Commercial awareness and experience of working within strict budgetary controls, including the analysis and interpretation of financial information.
- Good analytical and problem solving skill, with an ability to prioritise workload in order to manage time effectively. This includes being able to work on own initiative and respond positively to workload pressures.
- Good and relevant experience of working with stakeholders, contractors and agencies. Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills and be able to deal effectively with members of staff at all levels and (at a non-technical level) with councillors and the general public.
- Experience of working within an established governance framework and adhering to regular reporting deadlines.
- Experience of overseeing stakeholder engagement activity to inform the project.
- Experience of preparing reports and correspondence, using research and information gathering techniques.
- An awareness of relevant legislation and regulatory framework for environmental issues is desirable.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Microsoft Office applications, with Microsoft Project experience desirable
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.