Royal Leamington Spa
£20.15 - £21.18 per hour
26 days ago
2 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our client's offices based in Warwickshire on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £20.15 - £21.18 p/h.
As the Project Manager, your main duties will include:
- To work with the Head of Service, Programme Manager, other project managers, and internal and external stakeholders as appropriate to determine objectives, costs, funding options and business cases for major public realm and construction based projects. 15 Prepare, produce and manage feasibility and viability assessments, project plans, procurement strategies and risk registers, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and organising action as appropriate to ensure milestones are met, outcomes achieved and designated projects are appropriately managed from inception to completion.
- Take the lead role in procuring suitable companies who will deliver the necessary elements for each of the projects, including specialist consultants.
- Prepare reports and provide or coordinate advice to relevant bodies, e.g. Corporate Management Team, Member Reference Groups, Executive and Scrutiny Committees and external bodies, as necessary, liaising with and co-ordinating the work of other Council officers and teams as appropriate; assist in the presentation of these reports as required; and brief elected members and officers, individually or collectively, to ensure a full understanding of project delivery and progress towards completion of designated projects.
- Co-ordinate with the Media Team to manage publicity relating to the projects, and promote new schemes at public events, stakeholder meetings, Member working groups etc.
To be successful for this Project Manager post you will need to have:
- Experience Educated to degree level or equivalent or significant experience in a similar role
- Significant project management experience at a senior level.
- Professional qualifications in recognised project management i.e. Prince 2 or MSP Programme Management Professional Qualification in Engineering, Planning, Chartered Surveyor.
- Experience of liaising directly with clients and stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of report writing
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.