£18.18 - £19.18 per hour
9 days ago
6 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our busy offices based in Shaftesbury on a temporary basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £18.18 p/h.
As the Project Manager, your main duties will include:
- Participate in various meetings and working groups as required to represent and promote the function/service and initiate any relevant project work and/or process improvements that may arise as a result.
- Contribute to business plans, policy development and service planning as appropriate, identifying and recommending areas for improved service delivery.
- To monitor progress towards achievement of agreed organisational and/or external targets, as relevant to the role.
- Monitor progress of projects managed, providing regular progress reports and ensuring projects are managed within agreed timescales, budgets and quality standards in order to ensure effective delivery of changes.
- Consultation with key stakeholders about service delivery and service development issues, ensuring that the interests of relevant groups are represented in service planning.
- Design and establish new procedures in respect of relevant legislation, best practice and corporate policies as required.
- Maintain and update policies and procedures, ensuring relevant quality standards are met.
- Manage relationships with external customers/contractors as appropriate to the role.
- Provide advice to managers and other customers on specialist service-related matters, acting as a source of expertise.
- Prepare and present information to various groups at all levels using the most effective means.
- Produce and publish information to stakeholders as required, ensuring the timely and accurate provision of information.
- Supervision of staff as described above.
- Design and deliver training as appropriate to the project and role
To be successful for this Project Manager post you will need to have:
- Extensive experience in a relevant role
- Proven experience in managing projects.
- Experience in managing or supervising staff.
- Proficient in a range of IT systems including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Proven experience in researching and producing documents and reports to a high-quality standard.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.