£21.12 - £26.29 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
27 days ago
A 12 month opportunity for a Project Manager has arisen within the local authorities in Cheshire.
This temporary position will work within the council's project and change team supporting various corporate priorities associated with the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Specific assignments yet to be determined and could change during the appointment.
The project manager will drive forwards projects within the Children, Families and Adults transformation agenda to ensure that the directorate can realise both efficiency savings and exploit new and emerging technologies and ways of working to improve service delivery
- To lead, plan and manage the delivery of complex projects within a programme framework, in accordance with the specified scope, quality, budget, timescale and resource objectives, and in a way which ensures high customer satisfaction
- Direct, motivate and manage the project resources, particularly staff teams drawn from a range of service areas as required to work on specific projects
- Map, analyse and constructively challenge business processes and requirements to ensure that opportunities for efficiencies and service improvement are maximised.
- Manage project risks and issues including identification, assessment and escalation of risks and issues, maintaining a risks and issues log and horizon scanning both internally and externally to identify interdependencies and risks to achieving the project's agreed benefits.
- Be the first point of contact for the project with all stakeholders including partner organisations and any suppliers as necessary. Be an ambassador for the directorate and for the council when working with other teams and organisations
- Significant experience of using change management techniques to deliver business benefits from concept to business as usual
- Project management of successful business redesign projects from concept to handover to business as usual
- Experience of preparing formal reports, budgets, costings, risk analyses and project tracking
- Experience of working within local authority governance frameworks
- At least two years' experience of project management
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 18:00
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella Company: £26.29
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.