£381.53 - £400.61 per day
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Project manager on an initial 1 years contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£381.53 per day
The Project Manager will join an establish team of Project and Programme Managers. The role will include leading on innovative programme initiatives alongside delivery relating to procurement, processes and stakeholder management. The post holder will be thorough, organised and have experience overseeing financial budgets, coordinate contractors and manage the construction process. An essential element of the role is the organisation of schedules, tracking inventory and ordering and managing materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To successfully drive projects through the delivery process from inception to completion in the required timescales.
- Plan, direct, co-ordinate and lead projects to ensure that goals, objectives and all elements are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budgetary parameters
- Review funding applications to determine time frame, limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects
- Establish tracking system and staffing for each phase of project, and arrange for assignment of project personnel
- Responsible for supervision of all consultants, all planning and administrative staff assigned to projects to ensure it is on schedule and within budget
- Coordinate all specialists involved in the development process, providing advice and support to facilitate the value for money delivery of projects.
- Outline work plan to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority
- Coordinating Legal and Property experts to enable delivery of the Legacy Projects for schools within the agreed budgets to tight timescales.
- To ensure accurate programme and financial information is reported.
- Review status reports and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepare and review project reports for presentation to Senior Leadership and Board Members where necessary.
- Communicate with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Responsible for overall quality and management of the schools' projects
- Recognise and solve potential problems and evaluate project and programme effectiveness.
- Oversee budget, ensure financial accountability
The nature of this post will require flexibility to meet urgent work needs as they arise. The list of responsibilities above therefore is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude to the duties and to bring a business acumen and experience to supervise programme delivery by supporting the Project and Programme Management Team.
Skills and Experience:
Is flexible and adaptable.
Is meticulous with excellent communication skills and attention to detail with demonstrable experience.
Can identify and communicate any problems with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Is confident, self-motivated and self managing.
Able to multitask, prioritise and manage time efficiently.
Able to manage a team of employees and multiple projects.
Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets.
Accurate and precise attention to detail.
Goal-oriented and organised leadership.
Able to analyse problems and strategies for better solutions.
Have an in-depth understanding of the construction industry.
You must have working knowledge of local building code regulations.
Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software is preferred.
You must be organised, able to create multiple time-lines, budgets, schedules and build solid relationships with team members, contractors and stakeholders.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases