£381.53 - £400.60 per day
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Project Manager on an initial 9 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
£381.53 per day
As the project manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide high-level, skilled and experienced project management on capital projects from inception to completion through the delivery of sound business cases and the securing of suitable procurement methods.
- This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant county policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
- To act as the professional lead for the areas specialism - project, programme and budget management, design approvals, communication lead.
- To organise, manage time and prioritise work effectively whilst delivering a large number of projects, using established programme and project management techniques.
- To compile and plan budgets and cost estimates in accordance with the council's policies and procedures.
- To identify project risks and issues that threaten programme delivery escalating if necessary.
- To ensure the project at all stages is affordable, driving internal approvals for funding as and when required based on a robust rational for any additional budget either through the appropriate Business Case or via an Out of Tolerance Report.
- To manage all activities led by the external technical advisor.
- To manage any change control, contract variations or disseminate key data and specifications to keep all partners and stakeholders well informed and involved in progress and process management.
- To develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with both internal (Children's Services, Planning and Place, Directors, elected members and other operational teams etc) and external stakeholders (schools/Academies, technical advisers etc).
- To negotiate, influence and persuade within and outside the organisation to achieve desired outcomes, employing an adaptable style and persuasion skills to respond to complex relationships and differing perspectives.
- To identify opportunities for improving the delivery of the capital programme and work effectively with others to continually review these in the light of 'lessons learnt'.
- To manage own workload and the resources required to ensure successful project delivery.
- Attend project team, dashboard and any other internal meetings regarding project specific matters.
- Update internal financial and programme and risk data at least monthly or when a change has occurred in terms of budget profile, programme and risk.
- Remain contemporary with legislation and best practice, and ensure that relevant initiatives are adopted to develop the effectiveness of the service.
- To work in accordance with the Corporate values and competency framework.
- To maintain and update relevant files, Dashboard Reports and trackers.
- Please note: the duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility.
Skills and Experience:
- a relevant professional or technical qualification to degree level or equivalent (e.g. project management, quantity surveying, construction or relevant subject matter) and/or
- membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Chartered Institute of Building, the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers).
- experience of working with and/or within local authorities, schools or academies
It's desirable that you'll have the following experience:
- experience in the procurement of major infrastructure projects including developing business cases, feasibility studies and letting of contracts.
- experience of delivering major infrastructure projects, including negotiation with contractors on delivery programmes, variation management and cost management.
- experience/understanding of D&B contracts and how they operate.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases