£18.63 - £19.63 per hour
15 days ago
5 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our client's offices based in Newbury on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £18.63 p/h PAYE.
As the Project Engineer, your main duties will include:
- To provide professional and technical services consistent with the postholder's qualifications and experience in relation to the delivery of highways and engineering services in West Berkshire, and in particular, relating to the construction of drainage and highways on new developments.
- To manage all aspects of relevant highways and engineering projects on behalf of the Council under minimal supervision and with responsibility for project managing small teams of technicians/clerks of works and/or acting as client officer in relation to the Authority's consultants.
- To liaise and consult with elected Members, colleagues in other service units, developers and their agents, consultants, members of the public and representatives of other authorities and agencies relating to approval, construction and adoption of drainage and highway matters on new developments.
- To monitor building control applications to assess the need, calculate the amount and serve advanced payment codes notices where appropriate.
- Assess, monitor and control the fee income, contributions commuted sums and other payments derived from Highway Agreements and assist in the preparation and monitoring of service budgets in accordance with Council policy to ensure that delegated budgets are managed effectively by them and staff under their control
- To assist in the review of standards and implementation of systems and standards to secure the delivery of the service.
- To ensure the Council achieves value for money by proactively managing staff and other resources for which the postholder is from time to time responsible.
- To promote equality of opportunity in service delivery to ensure that all members of the community are treated fairly paying particular attention to those who have special needs or who are disadvantaged.
- To ensure that the actions were taken by the postholder and staff or consultants for which he/she is responsible comply with Council policy, the Council's Standing Orders, the Council's Financial Regulations and the Code of Conduct for Council Officers.
To be successful for this Project Engineer post you will need to have:
- Professionally qualified to Incorporated Engineer (IEng) / relevant degree or HNC / 3 years experience.
- Projects and financial management.
- Ability to motivate and manage people.
- Good working knowledge of the engineering aspects of adoption of new development infrastructure, in particular Sections 38 and 220 of the Highways Act 1980.
- Occasional attendance at evening meetings/on hand during out of hours works.
- Continuing professional development.
- Full driving licence.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.