£19.56 - £24.35 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
24 days ago
A 5 month+ opportunity for a Project Delivery Officer - Neighbourhood Management has arisen within the local authorities in Brent.
To assist the Head of Neighbourhood Management with the delivery of a project to establish a collection of in-house Direct Service Organisation (DSO) services and operations including.
- Highways reactive and general maintenance services.
- General storage including document storage and management.
- Sign fabrication and installation
- Ad hoc works including traffic management and transportation.
To also assist the Head of Neighbourhood Management with the delivery of a project to establish a Council depot at Marsh Road in which to house and deliver the above services including:
- Dilapidations and refurbishment works
- Procurement of equipment, materials, vehicles, works, maintenance agreements etc.
- Establishment of site management / maintenance arrangements
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To play a material role in the initial project development stage for both the DSO and the depot facility by significantly contributing to the identification and establishment of required project streams.
- To adopt a lead role in the subsequent management and / or delivery of any directly assigned project streams and to also assist with the progression and / or delivery of project streams assigned to other team members
- To play a lead role in the development of project timelines and to also develop systems to monitor and ensure adherence to any set timescales.
- To obtain, share and / or make use of any relevant technical knowledge in order to design or assist in the design of systems and / or processes required to deliver project outcomes - particularly in relation to secure document storage and retrieval (including digital archiving), sign fabrication with a specialist focus on road traffic signage, maintenance and repair including carpentry, masonry, electrical work, welding and plumbing and reactive highways maintenance works including repair of potholes, paving and street furniture infrastructure
- To contact other local authorities, agencies and / or contractors to obtain information, advice and / or opinion on best practice for service delivery methods, equipment, materials, systems etc.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge / awareness of project management and / or project delivery tools and / or methodology
- Knowledge of council structures and functions
- Basic knowledge of procurement methodology, financial processes used in a local authority, recruitment principles and any related operational working practices
- Knowledge / awareness of industry related operational legislation, controls and / or measures such as Health & Safety at Work, Manual Handling, Working from Height, Storage and Use of Hazardous Substances etc
- Experienced in project design, management and / or delivery, programming and / or planning project administration, risk management and project briefs in project delivery or a related field.
- Experience of contributing to the completion of tender documentation including evaluation.
- Experience or working knowledge of a DSO or a comparable in-house delivery operation.
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella Company: £24.35
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.