City of London, London
£11.51 - £12.09 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- An opportunity has arisen for the position of Project Coordinator in the Gypsy and Travellers team, Resident Services.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual who holds proficient IT and administration skills who would like to provide project support to the delivery of a multi million pound Fire Safety project.
- We are seeking a keen, flexible and committed individual with proven project support experience. You must have a proven track record of providing support to senior managers and their teams.
- The right candidate will take a keen interest in this area of work and will be supported to develop their project management skills and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties will be driven by project priorities but will include responsibilities of providing a wide range of support tasks such as project planning (documentation, scheduling and prioritising work), scheduling meetings, minute meetings, preparing and updating actions logs, invoice processing, maintain spreadsheets, archiving of documents, room bookings and general administrative Support.
- To undertake special assignments or any other duties consistent with the level and nature of the post
- The post holder will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of continuous service improvement within the division, ensuring that statutory, policy and good practice developments are reflected in robust systems and procedures and will take responsibility for highlighting gaps and recommending improvements to be linked to the delivery of business, service and project plans affecting the project, team, unit, division and department.
- The post holder will be required to work with a wide range of stakeholders across the division, department, council and partners, using influencing and negotiation skills in order to drive forward service improvement and change.
- Attend meetings to share information or answer queries on projects with internal and external stakeholders including presentation of written work
- The post holder will be expected to carry out the duties of the post with minimal supervision and to both develop and implement appropriate solutions for issues and problems that arise within their area of responsibility.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent IT skills using MS Word, Excel, Projects, Vision and spreadsheets.
- The successful applicant will have a practical or theoretical background in project management.
- Participate in projects and use own initiative for fact finding, research, and problem solving to achieve project outcomes.
- Proven track record of project support and use of performance management and service review systems.
- Ability to write complex reports and present them clearly and professionally to a range of audiences.
- Experience in the chasing, progression and monitoring of correspondence, actions, tasks and other queries to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work to adhere to multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work on specific projects which demand flexibility and creative thinking. The ability to develop report based monitoring systems.
- To have an understanding of the services provided by the Directorate
- Ability to work as part of a team. Ability to liaise with a wide range of employees within the directorate, across the council, and external agencies.
- High level communication, listening, organising and planning skills.
- Understanding of policy and procedures relating to equality and diversity in the work place.
- Willingness to be trained in administrative practices, procedures and computerised information systems.
- Right first time service delivery
- Can do attitude and demonstrable ownership and responsibility
- Passion, drive and commitment
- Service delivery which is focused on the customer and shaped by putting yourself in the customer's shoes
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate in a range of formats
- Strong commitment to corporate working, team working and joint working with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible attitude, always prepared to go the extra mile.
For this job role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last 2 Employers.
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.