Leeds, West Yorkshire
£12.56 - £13.19 per hour
15 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Assistant to join our clients offices based in Leeds on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Project Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Understand customer needs (internal, public, politicians, Delivery Partners etc.) and reflect all stakeholder requirements when developing specifications.
- Develop plans that establish expected results, when results will be achieved, determine priorities and agree the resources required to deliver the project or work package.
- Support the securing of funding approvals by developing reports and business cases, following WYCA's Assurance Process.
- Work with the Legal, Finance and Purchasing Department(s) to procure and contract with external Suppliers and Delivery Partners including supporting negotiation of funding agreements where appropriate.
- Ensure delivery in accordance with agreed plans, by applying WYCA's project management procedures to manage cost, time and quality within agreed tolerances, scope, risks, communications, health and safety, and change management.
- Support with the appointment and commercial/technical management of consultants and contractors and take full responsibility for a number of smaller commissions and contracts. For example drafting client briefs, appointment through WYCA's tender procedures, monitoring and reporting progress, reviewing invoices.
To be successful for this Project Assistant post you will need to have:
- PRINCE 2 Foundation Stage, or equivalent project management qualification desirable
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures.
- Knowledge of budget control processes.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. OJEU, Health & Safety at Work Act, Equality Act etc
- Experience of working with internal and external suppliers/clients.
- Experience of working in partnerships (public and/or private).
- Experience of liaising with a range of external stakeholders.
- Experience of working with technical experts.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.