£19.63 - £21.54 per hour + (PAYE/Umbrella)
14 days ago
A 6 Month+ opportunity for a Project and Programme Manager - Policy has arisen within the local authorities in Newbury.
To be responsible for the timetabled delivery of the Local Plan 2037, Minerals and Waste Local Plan 2037 and Community Infrastructure Charging Schedule - coordination of programmes' projects and management of their interdependencies including risks and issues arising.
To assist the Team Leaders and Planning Policy Manager by coordinating and participating in meetings, produce project management documentation manage and complete projects, stakeholder engagement and ensure project deliver in accordance with agreed project timelines and key milestones.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To provide matrix management to the Planning Policy Manager, Team Leaders and Planning Advisory Group in providing strong and effective management of the programmes (including the Corporate Programme) with responsibility for;
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action in consultation with the Planning Policy Manager and Team Leaders
- Defining the Programme's governance arrangements;
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and integrity - focusing on the internal consistency of the programme and external coherence and infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards and strategies;
- To be responsible for monitoring and tracking the implementation of Board decisions and maintaining a Forward Plan over the duration of the programme. Coordinating the preparation of a project and programme plans, risks and issues logs, highlight reports, exception reports and required PMM documentation;
- To provide regular programme updates at relevant governing bodies and communicate with the programme stakeholders;
- Professional programme management qualification such as Managing Successful Programmes (or equivalent experience) and knowledge of PRINCE/AGILE principles and/or ILM Level 5 Leadership & Management - demonstrating leadership and people management skills
- Experience of project management
- At least 3 years' experience of programme and project management.
- Experience of procurement processes inclusive of negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Good knowledge of Council's PMM
Rate of Pay
There is flexibility on the rate for the right candidate depending on experience.
Hours of work are 09:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.