£429.98 - £550 per day + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
6 days ago
A 4month opportunity for a Programme Manager has arisen within the local authorities in Watford.
- Programme management of a range of programmes across the organisation
- Use an in-depth and highly developed understanding of and expertise in programme lifecycle delivery, management techniques and approaches to enable successful delivery
- Adopt creative and innovative approaches to enable successful delivery of programmes
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine objectives, business benefits, priorities and resource allocation for programmes and actively plan, manage, monitor and communicate progress, address issues, identify and manage risks and support delivery to time, budget and specification and ensure benefits realisation
- Engage professionally at all levels of the council and ensure that programmes are delivered in accordance with agreed methodologies whilst upholding the highest professional standards across the full lifecycle
- Working to the Senior Responsible Officer (SRO), and closely with Project Managers, planning and supporting the shaping of the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, including working closely with Project Managers to understand the critical path of deliverables and the impact of one part of the programme on another, ensuring that the overall impact of changes, issues or decisions are understood by the Programme Board.
- Defining and actively managing the programme governance arrangements in line with the Programme Definition Document. This will include producing and presenting accurate and concise updates on the programme's progress to the Programme Board, escalating any risks or issues and ensuring that Programme Board agendas are produced in a timely and comprehensive way which allows for the best use of time with Programme Board members
- Producing high quality documentation to initiate, manage, report on and close programmes and their constituent projects for approval by the SRO / Project Sponsor and EPMO Assurance Group (as appropriate) and supporting Project Managers to do the same.
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme's individual projects and liaising directly with the Head of EPMO, SRO and Project Sponsors if significant gaps are identified.
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcomes through working closely with Project Managers, including capturing programme-level risks, identifying appropriate mitigation and ensuring actions
- Capturing any project risks and issues which pose a threat to the overall delivery of the programme on the appropriate registers and working with Project Managers to understand the impact and success of any mitigation.
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 08:45am till 5:15pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.