£18.80 - £19.74 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Programme Manager on an initial 1 years contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide effective programme/project management to the review and implementation of the Council's Voluntary and Community Sector grants programme to ensure that:
- The programme is delivered within agreed timescales and budget and future business objectives are met.
- Voluntary and Community Grants Programme is aligned to council priorities, supports transformations change and ensures a whole council approach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish effective programme management arrangements to ensure programme objectives are met and progress against key milestones and financial and quality controls maintained.
- Ensure effective governance arrangements are in place throughout the implementation of the programme.
- Ensure risks related to the programme are managed effectively.
- Work effectively with stakeholders, to gather accurate information to enable analysis of current services, identification of service and process improvement opportunities, and development of recommendations and implementation of proposals.
- Manage communication and consultation to maintain engagement with stakeholders and staff throughout the programme - including SMT and the Programme Board.
- Support senior managers to develop options, proposals and business cases, including recommendations on revised structures, service and process redesign, and cost considerations.
- Lead the development and organisation of specific work streams, and ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Be responsible for developing and managing all project documentation to ensure delivery within timescales, objectives, and budget.
Skills and Experience:
- Working with stakeholders at all levels to maintain engagement and gather information to inform change.
- Turning strategic priorities and objectives into practical recommendations and action plans.
- Working in a political environment.
- Demonstrable programme/project management skills, including identification and management of risk.
- Knowledge of project management approaches and methodology.
- Able to plan, manage and control multiple work strands and meet objectives within deadlines.
- Communicates in writing and verbally with credibility and confidence, with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of the principles of organisation and service redesign.
- Considers multiple stakeholder perspectives and understands the balance between strategic, professional and departmental needs.
- Ability to make sound decisions or recommendations by analysing large and complex data sets, input from others, and own judgement.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employers names.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.