£481.93 - £506.02 per annum
6 months ago
Our client is seeking a Programme Manager on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Customer and Support Services directorate has a 4 year programme of work to deliver the Working Differently Transformation portfolio that will enable all of us to work in a new and efficient way across the council. The portfolio is composed of a number of projects and programmes that will improve systems, properties, policies and processes, Council governance, our skillsets and ways of working across the organisation and also transform our Customer and Support Services directorate that enables the whole Council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan the allocated programme(s) as a whole to ensure overall effectiveness and manage overall progress, managing risks, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate to ensure the programme objectives and timescales are met.
- Ensure programme and project governance is in place and to work with the Directorate Management Teams, in addition have a dotted line responsibility to the Corporate Director (as sponsor of the particular programme of change).
- Lead and manage the deployment of project staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all individual project priorities within the programme and ensure the management of dependencies and interfaces between different projects.
- Ensure that the programmes and projects are using the standards and processes set out by the corporate PMO
- Ensuring all transformations realise benefits and are embedded into the culture of the organisation
Working as part of a busy team with minimal supervision you will need to be a confident, flexible and self-starting individual, able to manage relationships with and influence a variety of senior stakeholders in a fast moving and sometimes ambiguous environment. The ability to communicate at all levels is essential as well as the ability to work proactively and prioritise tasks to ensure delivery of outputs to plan.
You will work to standards implemented by the corporate PMO and will be responsible for ensuring projects/programme report in accordance with the approved timelines.
Skills and Expereince:
- Excellent communication, negotiating, coaching and influencing skills with a strong ability to challenge the status quo and build senior level commitment to change.
- Excellent ability and experience in analysing, collating and presenting complex business information from multiple service areas to inform change and development plans and strategies.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in planning and leading collaborative workshops, interventions, reviews and assessments to facilitate change and innovation.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of change management frameworks, processes and tools to drive and deliver transformational change programmes and new ways of working.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of applying organisation diagnostics, stakeholder engagement, organisational design, development and business improvement methodologies.
- Good knowledge and experience of culture change methodologies and interventions to deliver desired outcomes, behaviors and new ways of working.
- Strong project management and planning skills, with good experience of leading to medium to large scale projects across a range of service areas.
- Extensive knowledge of the development of Extra Care / Accommodation with Care and requirements to successfully deliver a programme that includes working in partnership with developer / RSL's etc.
- Programme Management
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases