£350 - £435.75 per day + Paye / Umbrella
6 months ago
4 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Delivery Manager to join our client's offices based in Chicksands on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £350.00 per day PAYE.
As the Programme Delivery Manager, your main duties will include:
- Lead, manage and develop the team in such a way as to enable staff to do their best work every day, working in a way that reflects the Councils values. Retain staff and achieving business objectives and performance targets.
- Manage the resources in the team by effectively identifying and allocating projects, programmes and tasks to direct reports or contractors/agency workers ensuring sufficient information, direction and support are provided for them to deliver the works to a high standard. Ensure performance management frameworks are in place to monitor the effectiveness of the service and undertake corrective action if required.
- Improve the team by researching best practice and benchmarking; undertaking quality management activities; engaging with customers and staff to enhance the customer experience; and implementing working smarter making the most of modern technology, workspaces and ways of working to ensure the provision of a customer-focused and efficient service.
- Lead on the procurement and management of contracts and framework agreements. This will include establishing the best route to market, the preparation of specification and contract documentation, tendering and contract management of specific contracts and framework agreements.
- Ensure Condition Surveys, Access Audits, Dilapidation and other surveys are undertaken as required, and the information is entered onto the Property Asset Management Register (TF Cloud). Use this information to create a programme of works, prioritise the works, estimate costs and delivery timescales and allocate resource to deliver the
- Be the point of escalation for complex building-related issues, complex insurance assessments and claims and contractual disputes, maintaining an excellent standard of knowledge on building solutions, construction methods and materials to provide advice, support direct reports, review designs, specifications and make recommendations on technical issues.
- Manage own workload to a high degree of efficiency and know when to seek guidance and assistance from the line manager or when specialist advice is required.
- Act as the Budget Manager for the budgets under your control, ensure effective financial management, including updating the monthly forecast on the finance system.
- Participate in a twenty-four hours per day, 365 days per year advice and call out service for Council Properties. Duties are normally for one week at a time as part of a rota.
- Carry out any other responsibilities that reasonably fall within the scope of the post-holder and to assist with any reasonable duty at the request of the Line Manager.
To be successful for this Programme Delivery Manager post you will need to have:
- Membership of RICS, CIOB, BIFM or equivalent.
- Building Surveying Degree or equivalent.
- In-depth experience in a building surveying environment including making professional judgements within the policy, legislative and regulatory framework
- Demonstrable experience in contract administration, site supervision and supervision of contractors/consultants
- Demonstrate experience of producing condition surveys.
- Excellent AutoCAD skills and ability to produce drawings using traditional methods.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.