£20 - £22 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
21 days ago
A 5 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer within the local authorities in Gosport.
We are seeking an experienced procurement professional with a proven track of working within either Local or Central Government to join our existing Procurement Team in delivering exciting new projects for the Borough Council.
You must have experience of Public Sector procurement and be able to work on your own initiative to guide project officers from various Business Units to deliver their procurement projects using the most effective and competitive procurement route. You must have a flexible positive approach and be an excellent team player.
- Proven experience working within either Local or Central Government /Public Sector which will include:
- Experience working to PCR 2015 and managing the procurement process independently.
- Experience of preparing tender documentation/ mini competitions ensuring compliance with internal and external procurement Regulations.
- Experience of undertaking evaluations/moderations and contract awards.
- Experience of contributions to procurement and contract strategies.
- Experience of providing specialist advice to colleagues to advise and guide them through the most appropriate procurement process.
- Experience of ensuring all activities undertaken are in line with Regulations, best practice, best value and Corporate Contract Procedure Rules.
- Experience of expertise in OJEU for the Public Sector.
- Experience of using an e-tendering portal.
- Experience of report writing.
- Educated to degree level, Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Purchasing & Supply or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge, skills and experience
Rate of pay
PAYE: £20 Umbrella: £22
Rate negotiable DOE
Hours of work are 09:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.