£19.14 - £20.14 per hour
29 days ago
3 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Officer to join our busy offices based in Portsmouth on a temporary basis for months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £19.14 p/h.
As the Procurement Officer, your main duties will include:
- Assist in the preparation of contract performance and compliance reports for the governance and audit and standards committee (GAS).
- Assist in the development of the council's approach to contract management and governance.
- Contract management of indirect supplies / services.
- Category lead for commodities.
- Support services in their purchasing activities.
- Act as the Procurement lead officer on indirect procurement projects.
- Engage & work closely with new & existing suppliers
- Mapping spend and spotting opportunities for strategic sourcing to deliver savings
- As required, provide contract management advice and guidance to council departments (and where appropriate other external organisations) to ensure best value for money, quality, and contractual compliance.
- Support the strategic contract management board by commissioning reports on strategic contracts to be brought to the board within defined guidelines or on instruction of the board.
- Act as secretary to the board by arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Support the strategic contract management board (SCMB) in any contract reviews it instructs, including arranging and participating in negotiation meetings with strategic suppliers.
- Prepare contract reports for directors and cabinet members.
- Ensure that advice given reflects accurately the council's contract procedure rules.
- Lead on the implementation and management of the contract management processes through the contract procedure rules and other procurement tools (including the eprocurement system (In-tend) and contract operations manual).
- Manage and develop the corporate KPI (key performance indicator) procedures to ensure accurate performance measurements are reported to directors and cabinet members.
- Undertake credit checks on the council's supplier base and provide advice to council departments based on company business intelligence.
To be successful for this Procurement Officer post you will need to have:
- Minimum 3 years procurement / contract management experience.
- Contract management responsibility at portfolio level.
- Available with 1 months notice.
- Have an understanding of corporate governance.
- Experience of sourcing and managing indirect supplies and services - stationery, uniforms, PPE, food, etc.
- Have experience of negotiation and an understanding of the principles of negotiation planning.
- Have experience of benchmarking, market review, and market engagement.
- Working knowledge of contract management principles - KPIs, service levels, governance, etc.
- Working knowledge of commercial contract law - LADs, breach mechanisms, service credits, etc.
- Have a qualification in procurement or contract management (e.g. MCIPS, IACCM) or working towards
- Be qualified to degree standard or have equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of e-procurement tools - e-contract management, finance system, e-sourcing, etc.
- Have good IT skills as you will be using the Microsoft Office suite, Oracle and the Intend e-sourcing system.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.