Leeds, West Yorkshire
£16.04 - £20.46 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Officer to join our busy offices based in Leeds on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37.5 hours per week, at £16.04 p/h PAYE.
As the Procurement Officer, your main duties will include:
- Develop and manage the procurement control framework, ensuring that the Combined Authority's interests and reputation are upheld in all dealings of a contractual nature and correct probity and fairness in all procurement transactions are achieved.
- Responsibility for running tender and quotation processes in a professional, compliant and timely manner and working closely with budget holders to ensure that they undertake the same.
- Responsibility for the improvement of, integration and maintenance of E-tendering purchasing systems ensuring that they meet organisational requirements.
- Support the Declaration of Interest and Contract Standing Orders waiver processes by reviewing documentation and making fit for purpose recommendations.
- Responsibility for compliance with EU Directives and internal processes through the management and development of a tendering system, review and control of tender documents and challenge and scrutiny of final outputs at all management levels of the organisation.
- Manage and maintain information within the procurement recording systems, contracts register and supplier information register, ensuring information is up to date and accurate
- Responsible for the publication of requirements under the transparency code. This includes the review and manipulation of key financial and spend data ensuring commercial sensitivity is observed.
- Responsible for the authorisation and output of purchase orders placed in the financial management system.
- Ensure proper, robust procurement procedures are in place to maximise VFM. This includes regular review, making amendments and liaising with users to challenge, advise and direct on their requirements and procedures.
- Manage the corporate procurement card provision ensuring compliance to usage policies and accurate publication of statements for transparency purposes.
- Manage the disposal and/or recycling of assets no longer required such as ICT hardware ensuring compliance to The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive).
- Support the development of the procurement strategy and policies, setting out priorities, objectives and plans for the organisation
To be successful for this Procurement Officerpost you will need to have:
- Qualified to MCIPS (or working towards) and ongoing membership of the CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply).
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of EU Directives and Public Contracting Regulations.
- Demonstrable understanding of government and procurement procedures
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of managing a procurement e-tendering system.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant education/ experience.
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Experience of working in a procurement function procuring a wide range of products, works and services.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.