£15.00 - £15.75 per hour
27 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Officer to join our clients offices based in Sandbach on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Procurement Officer, your main duties will include:
- Provide support to the Category Managers with procurement expertise in all aspects of sourcing, purchasing, contract and supplier management to ensure that the Council's expenditure on goods and services provides best value for money for the council and clients and meets the objectives of the Council's Procurement Strategy
- Source goods and services and manage the supplier relationship to ensure that risks of contract failure are minimised, the processes comply with the all relevant legislation and the Council's financial procedures so that the Council and clients achieve best value.
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to ensure that internal and external communications about all aspects of the procurement function receive prompt and effective response so that a high level of Client satisfaction is achieved and the Council is aware of all trading opportunities from current and prospective suppliers.
- Work with Services and suppliers to carry out the aims and objectives of the Corporate Procurement Strategy so that the Council's purchasing power is maximised and all opportunities for savings and efficiencies are evaluated.
- Develop and maintain market intelligence and professional networks within and outside the Council so that ongoing quality of service improvements and best procurement practices can be achieved within the Council.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to support the reporting and advisory requirements of the Procurement Manager on all aspects of sourcing, purchasing, contract and supplier management for Members and senior management including achievements towards performance targets required by the Council, central government and external agencies
To be successful for this Procurement Officer post you will need to have:
- Educated to degree level.
- Corporate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Considerable experience in a procurement role.
- Experience of managing procurement projects
- Expert user Oracle Discoverer
- Experience using, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Project, Visio and Powerpoint
- Knowledge and experience of sourcing, negotiating, tendering, contract and supplier management
- Good knowledge Council policies, procedures and regulations relating to procurement, contracts, finance, corporate procurement strategy,
- Understanding of EU public procurement regulations, policies and procedures
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.