£12.77 - £13.41 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Procurement Officer on an initial 2 months contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide a professional sourcing, purchasing, contract and supplier management function for a wide range of goods and services, which meets the principles of the Corporate Procurement Strategy and enables the most effective use of the Council's resources whilst meeting the Client's needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Category Managers with procurement expertise in all aspects of sourcing, purchasing, contract and supplier management to ensure that the Council's expenditure on goods and services provides best value for money for the council and clients and meets the objectives of the Council's Procurement Strategy
- Source goods and services and manage the supplier relationship to ensure that risks of contract failure are minimised, the processes comply with the all relevant legislation and the Council's financial procedures so that the Council and clients achieve best value.
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to ensure that internal and external communications about all aspects of the procurement function receive prompt and effective response so that a high level of Client satisfaction is achieved and the Council is aware of all trading opportunities from current and prospective suppliers.
- Work with Services and suppliers to carry out the aims and objectives of the Corporate Procurement Strategy so that the Council's purchasing power is maximised and all opportunities for savings and efficiencies are evaluated.
- Develop and maintain market intelligence and professional networks within and outside the Council so that ongoing quality of service improvements and best procurement practices can be achieved within the Council.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to support the reporting and advisory requirements of the Procurement Manager on all aspects of sourcing, purchasing, contract and supplier management for Members and senior management including achievements towards performance targets required by the Council, central government and external agencies
- Provide the procurement expertise and advice in multi discipline project teams to identify, implement and promote procurement solutions that will increase the Council's ability to maximise its buying power and achieve savings and efficiency targets.
- Contribute to the development of the corporate procurement strategy and implementation of best practice across the Council through ongoing training, self development and active participation in initiatives with clients and suppliers designed to promote improved procurement practices.
- Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, in accordance with the Council's Flexibility Policy the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Director/Service Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the Principal Responsibilities of the job and in any location within the East County of Cheshire.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 written references.
- You are Eligable to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases