Up to £240.96 per day
29 days ago
Our client is seeking a Procurement Manager on an initial 5-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £240.96 Per Hour PAYE
To support the development and delivery of efficient and effective procurement and contracting service for a range of product and service categories to meet internal customer requirement, deliver the best value to meet agreed to commission objectives. This will involve making change happen across the Council and enabling progress on the process and product/service developments and cost efficiency targets across the organisation working with Commissioning Managers and Heads of Services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working across the commissioning and business teams, to develop and implement project plans for the implementation of the Council's commercial policy and procurement strategy. This includes the development and maintenance of performance management information regarding the process of placing new and replacing existing purchasing agreements with all related sectors.
- Provide line management support to allocated Strategic Procurement Officers
- To also act as a proactive and supportive member of the wider professional procurement team as agreed with the Procurement Business Partner
- Maintain and lead an expert level of supply market knowledge for assigned categories of spend, designing, developing, implementing and refining procurement and supply policies and strategies that result in improved added value and value for money for the Council. This will include setting improvement targets with Directorates for areas of spend within the category
- Carry out the strategic sourcing and benchmarking of products and services within the category/portfolio and produce executive reports for Business managers on external expenditure and provide strategic advice to Heads of Service on the best value
- Undertake market, product, supplier and organisational research to establish a base of knowledge about existing and future requirements and potential opportunities
Skills and Experience:
- MCIPS or equivalent relevant Business degree or significant professional experience
- Thorough understanding of corporate governance and the compliance issues associated with procurement policies and processes.
- Understanding and experience of public sector procurement regulations
- Supervisory/management qualification
- Business Process Re-engineering /Continuous Improvement related qualification
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic awareness and skills
- Presentation and training skills
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.