£20.79 - £21.79 per hour
7 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join our clients offices based in Leeds on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Procurement Manager , your main duties will include:
- Lead on the management of procurements working closely with the business client and other stakeholders.
- Create a plan for all procurement projects within the Procurement Manager's area and ensure these are delivered on time.
- Support pre-procurement market development and 'market making' activity by arranging bidder meetings, briefing potential suppliers and researching specific markets.
- Lead on the creation of quality and professional specifications and tender documentation by drafting tender packs and advising and guiding business leads on specifications.
- Understand customer needs to manage the development of procurement approaches, strategies and plans.
- Lead on the evaluation and award processes of procurements being managed using online systems where appropriate.
- Use professional knowledge to draft fit for purpose contractual documentation. Provide expertise and guidance to stakeholders on the drafting and approval of contractual documentation, working with legal colleagues where required.
To be successful for this Procurement Manager post you will need to have:
- Hold a degree or has relevant demonstrable practical experience.
- Relevant professional qualification (MCIPS) and membership of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply)
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection
- Demonstrable experience of managing and championing change successfully.
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to influence, negotiate and challenge.
- Experience of making compelling business cases/ reports to a range of audiences.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.