Leeds, West Yorkshire
£20.79 - £21.83 per annum
12 days ago
Our client is seeking a Procurement Manager on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Lead development and delivery of a range of procurement and tender processes within the assigned business areas and categories of spend.
- Provide a source of expert advice on a wide range of procurement strategies and approaches.
- Ensure that all activities are commercially focused on delivering sustainable, innovative procurement solutions, in full compliance with relevant UK and EU legislation advising on policies and procedures as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Encourage a partnership approach to work across the organisation and externally.
- Provide clear direction, focusing on developing and motivating your team(s) to ensure targets are achieved.
- Manage the work flow of the team to deliver a strong performance management culture, where people are accountable for the delivery of results.
- Monitor productivity levels and balance of skills within your team, taking action to ensure that they are equipped to complete their work.
- Create the right working environment for your team, with a solid ethic of working towards achievement of our vision, utilising the Combined Authority's policies and procedures.
- Take a proactive approach to management of change and recruitment processes, leading consultation meetings and interviews.
- Ensure appropriate communication channels are in place and effective between you and your direct reports.
- Fulfil the HR processes associated with being a people manager, e.g. employee relations and development issues.
- Lead on the management of procurement working closely with the business client and other stakeholders.
- Create a plan for all procurement projects within the Procurement Manager's area and ensure these are delivered on time.
- Support pre-procurement market development and market making activity by arranging bidder meetings, briefing potential suppliers and researching specific markets.
- Lead on the creation of quality and professional specifications and tender documentation by drafting tender packs and advising and guiding business leads on specifications.
- Understand customer needs to manage the development of procurement approaches, strategies and plans.
- Lead on the evaluation and award processes of procurement being managed using online systems where appropriate.
- Use professional knowledge to draft fit for purpose contractual documentation. Provide expertise and guidance to stakeholders on the drafting and approval of contractual documentation, working with legal colleagues where required.
- Analyse, determine and prioritise key actions to deliver targets (time/quality/cost) within agreed procurement plans, controlling actions by review of progress against targets.
- Identify procurement that requires collaborative working with the legal team and other specialist adviser's. Work in partnership with these teams to achieve required outcomes.
- Ensure the early identification and appropriate management of risks associated with allocated procurement projects.
- Provide procurement and commercial input, guidance and expertise to support other projects as required, developing and sharing best practice and lessons learned across the Combined Authority and externally as appropriate.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders, representing the Combined Authority and Delivery Partners, attending and chairing meetings and site visits as necessary.
- Typically work on horizons of one year, in line with the objectives set in the business plan.
- Ensure your function has the right procedures in place to achieve your strategic objectives, developing and amending processes as required.
- Forward plan the workload of the function, thinking through potential contributions, identifying appropriate solutions and acting accordingly.
- Lead by example on health & safety matters, ensuring compliance with the Combined Authority's health and safety policy.
Skills and Experience:
- Hold a degree or has relevant demonstrable practical experience.
- Relevant professional qualification (MCIPS) and membership of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply)
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Practical experience of successfully performing strategic procurement's and tenders.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of procurement management and good practice methodologies.
- Experience of procurement procedures, including OJEU and utilising Frameworks.
- Experience of preparing tender documentation, undertaking tender appraisal working with legal advisers to agree contracts with suppliers and Delivery Partners.
- Strong practical knowledge of UK and EU procurement regulations.
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection.
- Demonstrable ability to lead by example, manage and motivate a multi-disciplinary procurement team.
- Ability to identify and confront issues early, and take a pro-active approach to driving progress and problem resolution.
- Experience of working in partnership with stakeholders including project managers, suppliers, framework suppliers and public and private organisations.
- Ability to work with and for internal depts. (e.g. producing procurement strategies) in a matrix management arrangement if/when required.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Written references.
- A suitable NI Number.
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.