£20 - £26 per hour
20 days ago
To be a globally recognised economy where good growth delivers high levels of prosperity, jobs and quality of life for everyone.
To achieve this we will:
Secure the means to deliver projects and services needed for growth in the Leeds City Region (LCR), be its voice nationally and internationally, and build the partnerships to ensure the best economic outcomes.
Our department contributes to this by:
Driving value for money, by ensuring quality outcomes that deliver financial and social benefits through our procurement activities. By building a reputation for a professional, efficient and effective service.
- Lead and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver procurements and contract management oversight successfully ensuring compliance and best practice.
- Work closely with other functional leads including Legal, HR & Finance and internal contract owners to ensure that the necessary skills, knowledge and best practice around procurement and contract management are shared; in turn ensuring compliance and minimising risk.
- Provide coaching, training and advice across the procurement team and matrix management where appropriate.
- Work closely with internal Health and Safety Manager to ensure contractual compliance to internal Health and Safety policies.
- Apply compliant, best practice techniques to manage and deliver each stage of the procurement cycle, including strategic contract management, for allocated strategic and complex projects/contracts.
- Drive benefit realisation by ensuring allocated work is delivered on-time, manages risk, provides excellent value for money and customer satisfaction.
- Manage allocated stakeholders including identifying and reviewing the pipeline of projects, understanding customer needs and pressures, sharing relevant information on developing best practice and change.
- Develop a category management approach and build category expertise in allocated categories.
- Use professional knowledge to draft fit for purpose contractual documentation. Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders on contractual terms and best practice contract management methodologies, working with legal colleagues where required.
- Provide commercial input, guidance and expertise to support other projects as required, developing and sharing best practice and lessons learned across the Combined Authority and externally as appropriate.
- Lead development and delivery of a range of strategic and complex procurements as assigned.
- Provide expert advice on a wide range of procurement and contract management issues.
- Provide expertise and leadership on a particular category area or on contract management (as assigned) for the whole team.
- Manage stakeholder engagement activities with allocated stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the Governance and Contract Standing Order processes working with the Legal and Governance Teams as needed.
- Utilise commercial knowledge and expertise enabling analysis and understanding of complex financial proposals relating to projects and new contracts.
- Ensure that corporate contracts are managed within the agreed contract values and allocated budgets.
- Design, implement and maintain the systems required for delivering the objectives of your function to support the Combined Authority in achieving its vision.
- Take a pro-active corporate role in the management of your function including participating in delivering your directorate's objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Combined Authority's Contract Standing Orders are followed and compliance with Combined Authority's policies and all relevant statutory legislation.
- Use judgement and technical expertise to recommend solutions to complex problems where the consequences may not be clear. Use innovative thinking, new approaches and market analysis for things that the Combined Authority may not have done before.
- Manage communications with internal and external stakeholders, representing the interests of the Combined Authority at meetings and site visits.
- Analyse and interpret commercial data/information and communicate to a range of audiences using a range of media. This includes drafting and delivering comprehensive reports and briefings.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders including suppliers, using negotiation and influencing skills and conflict resolution methodology to achieve contractual results and the best outcomes for the Combined Authority.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.