£19.06 - £20.01 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement and Commissioning Officer, to join our clients offices based in Coalville on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Procurement and Commissioning Officer, your main duties will include:
- To provide procurement advice, guidance and training to officers with budget setting and purchasing decision making authority, ensuring that objectives are met within services and value for money is achieved for the Council and all procurement is undertaken in compliance with legal requirements including EU Directives and procurement policy;
- To provide advice, support and oversight to officers to ensure all contracts are managed effectively in line with best practice;
- To assist commissioners with the coordination of commissioning and procurement activity to secure social value and where appropriate improve outcomes for the council's residents;
- To undertake regular supplier spend analysis to provide the council with key management information and to identify opportunities for a corporate commercial approach or collaboration with other public sector organisations;
- To actively manage all risks around procurement and ensure that the Council has appropriate mitigations plans in place;
- Encourage local suppliers to successfully tender for public sector work therefore achieving better community and economic outcomes
To be successful for this Procurement and Commissioning Officer post you will need to have:
- Must be a member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Experience of procurement in a complex political environment.
- Detailed knowledge and sound understanding of the procurement cycle, contract law, good procurement practices and relevant legislation.
- A track record of demonstrable success, in a comparable organisation, in interpreting policy and strategy into practical actions.
- An understanding of the role of the Local Government and the environment within which we operate.
- Successful record of working in partnership, engaging effectively with others, building productive working relationships, including senior staff, other local authorities, regional government, public agencies, statutory authorities etc.
36 hours per week
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.