£19.03 - £23.69 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 1 month ago
A 2 month+ opportunity for a Private Sector Initiatives and Projects Coordinator (within the Housing and Benefits Planning team) has arisen with the local authorities in Brent Council.
- Ensure the effective mobilisation and full implementation of new services and monitor impact of commissioned services
- Support policy and development work, including the evaluation of new Government initiatives and local procurement schemes.
- Lead and manage the delivery of the designated projects and/or work-streams and contribute to the successful delivery of efficiencies
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this includes working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the Council
- Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability
- Ensure that the Council's overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service
- Ensure that the demand and supply data and performance and financial information related to the accommodation portfolio is routinely collected, analysed and acted upon, in order to effectively shape commissioning decisions, anticipate and/or manage service problems and control financial expenditure
- Ensure compliance with Council processes and procedures for project and programme design and procurement and ensure full compliance with standing orders, statutory and other regulatory requirements
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Educated to a High standard of literacy and numeracy
- Knowledge of the current housing market, and the impact of homelessness on care leavers in particular
- Good understanding of service and policy developments related to the use of temporary accommodation, private sector initiatives and related fields to help meet homelessness demand.
- Knowledge of tendering, evaluation and monitoring of contracts for temporary accommodation and related housing schemes
- PRINCE2 or equivalent project management qualification/training or demonstrable experience
- Experience of strategy and project development work and successfully implementing change
- Experience in using performance and monitoring systems in relation to budget, output performance and KPIs in respect of temporary accommodation and direct let housing schemes
- Experience of analysing data, performance and financial information related to accommodation portfolios to effectively shape commissioning decisions, anticipate and/or manage service problems and control financial expenditure
- Experience of monitoring contracts and addressing under-performance
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.