£17.04 - £17.90 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officer to join our clients offices based in March on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officer, your main duties will include:
- Delivery of a seamless, private sector housing service for customers in March.
- Respond appropriately to customer enquiries and provide accessible customer information via a range of media.
- To undertake street by street property inspections of all private rented accommodation in March as well as the appropriate enforcement action and case work where required.
- Gather data and information on landlords and or agents, property size and location, tenants data via a questionnaire and input on to data base via Idox Uniform to capture this information and maintain it.
- Work in partnership with Operation Pheasant to help tackle Modern Day Slavery by gathering and sharing information via E Cins (cloud based system).
- Provide an information pack to tenants and promote safe living conditions in partnership with Operation Pheasant colleagues e.g. Cambs fire & Rescue service.
- Undertaking duties as required for delivering Houses in Multiple Occupation
To be successful for this Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officer post you will need to have:
- Highly developed and effective negotiation and interpersonal skills which enable customer expectations to be met through a responsive, positive and sensitive approach.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills - demonstrate the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate a number of different tasks where a variety of factors need to be taken into account.
- Effective evidence gathering for successful enforcement action.
- Good understanding of, and a track record in, the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Highly developed and effective communication skills, to include report and letter writing, and clear and effective communication methods to customers, staff, members and other stakeholders.
- The ability to contribute professionally in a multi agency partnership effectively.
- The ability to work well under times of pressure balancing quality and quantity of work.
A Corporate or Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and holder of EHORB Registration
- Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS) qualification and experience of implementation within the private sector housing market.
37 Hours per week
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.