£14.51 - £17.85 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
20 days ago
A 12 month opportunity for a Private Rented Sector Move-On Co-Ordinator has arisen within the local authorities in Gosport.
1-year fixed term post to provide transitional support to COVID placements and other homeless clients as they move into the private rented sector. The role will act as a single point of contact to resolve issues that could place the tenancy at risk of failing.
37 hours per week, working Monday to Friday, the post holder may be required to work outside normal office hours from time to time.
MUST hold a full driving licence and have access to a car.
What is the role:
This role will provide structured support for placements in the private rented sector to help them sustain their tenancy. They will also be the single point of contact for landlords, lettings agents providing support and reassurance to resolve any difficulties arising from the tenants behaviour. This will include addressing ASB, non-payment of rent, reporting of repairs, and any other issues that may arise. The key to success, is to provide efficient and effective support that create long term sustainable tenancies. The role will complement the Accommodation Procurement Officer post whose main objective is to incentivise landlords and identify housing solutions. The Role will be based in the Housing Options department at the Town Hall as well as working at home due to the COVID restrictions.
- To assist clients to understand and complete 'benefit applications' as required
- To arrange and accompany clients on viewings to properties and support them in negotiating with landlords where appropriate. This will include ensuring that the property meets safety standards and is well maintained.
- To assist clients to full understand the conditions of their tenancy agreement
- To accompany the clients to the tenancy signing
- To provide clients with practical support to equip their rented accommodation for example accessing furniture, setting up utilities
- To assist the clients to establish regular payment of rent and service charges to their landlord
- To provide tenancy sustainment support and carry out follow up visits once the client is housed.
Who is the person:
We are looking for somebody who:
- Ability to provide support to homeless individuals with multiple needs, including emotional and practical support and advice
- Ability to identify and make assessments in respect of clients related to their housing needs
- Ability to manage and support a caseload and achieve targets
- Ability to effectively plan and organise work, assess priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Experience of managing complex and the challenging situations in respect of a client based service
- Knowledge of the benefits system
- Knowledge and awareness of the issues arising for clients moving into their own independent tenancy
- The ability to work flexible in responding to varying demands of the role in order to achieve positive outcomes
- The ability to work on your own initiative without close supervision and as part of a team.
- The ability to provide support to individuals through a process of personal change
Hours of work are 09:00 am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
Rate of Pay
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.