£22.19 - £23.30 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Principal Surveyor on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £22.19 Per Hour.
- To be responsible for managing and motivating your team to ensure effective delivery of customer-focused services on time and within budget.
- To lead a team responsible for the effective management of a portfolio of all types of property maintenance and construction services provided by Estates & Facilities including both directly managed housing stock, leasehold properties and all types of general fund commercial or administrative properties as may be required from time to time.
- To assist in the development and formulation of maintenance investment programmes and budgets and to be accountable for the specification and delivery of approved programmes and the effective management, surveying and administration of projects and commercially contracted works.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a comprehensive surveying and technical advisory service for all Cambridge City Council property-based activities, to include:
- Inspection of and reporting on the condition of all property.
- Preparing estimates.
- Preparing plans, schedules, specifications, estimates and tender documents.
- Obtaining tenders, issuing of works orders, supervision of works and settlement of accounts.
- Preparing committee reports and attending committee meetings as required from time to time by the post's line manager or head of service.
- Preparing Schedules of Condition for lease documents.
- Preparing Schedules of Dilapidation and negotiating settlements of dilapidation claims with Council tenants and landlords.
- Update or carry out new Fire Insurance Valuations.
- Carry out fire and other relevant property-related risk assessments and identify, cost and report on appropriate remedial measures to reduce risks to acceptable levels
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant qualifications
- Minimum qualification Level 5 (min HNC)
- IOSH Managing Safety Certificate holder
- Qualified energy assessor
- Corporate membership of a recognised institute eg CIOB
- Relevant Experience
- Providing customer focused services
- A significant experience at senior surveyor/engineer level and relevant experience within the building services industry
- Superviosry skills
- Use of standard PC Application
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases