£14.00 - £18.00 per hour
14 days ago
We are looking to have cover from 9am to 5 pm. Lunch can be taken between 12 and 2 pm Earliest start time is 8am and latest finish time is 6pm. 37 hours per week.
Some office presence may be required once we are open to public again, or for attending court (although not sure how that will work yet due to covid changes) so should be prepared for a mixture of both WFH and office based.
- To Efficiently, effectively and economically collect all debts due in respect of the organisations tax and businesses rates
- To Deputise for the head of Local taxation in their absense and assist in the longer term planning and coordination of the section required.
- to be fully conservant with current regulations and carry put their prompt and correct application
- to answer all queries from the public on matters relating to council tax and business rates both in person and via correspondance
- to follow up Arrears promptly
- to accurately maintain council tax and business rates accounts
- To liase with various outside bodies such as CAB, MOD, Welfare courts regarding Local taxation matters
- To monitor the councils enforceement agency activity
- To represent the magistrates court as regards liability orders and commital proceedings
- To assist annual billing process and to ensure that the annual local taxation bills are sent in a timely manner.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.