£18.03 - £18.93 per hour
26 days ago
Our client is seeking a Principal Legal Assistant on an initial 3 months contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To undertake legal and estate management work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conveyancing and all other legal matters connected with Right to Buy Sales.
- Other conveyancing as directed, including preparation of leases and assignments of the Council's portfolio of commercial premises.
- Preparation and conduct of proceedings in the County Court for re-possession for rent arrears and the collection of sundry debts.
- All aspects of marketing and letting of Council's commercial and industrial properties.
- Preparation and completion of contracts and agreements for works, goods, and services.
- Provision of legal advice in relation to the responsibilities as detailed above.
- Maintain register of documents for sealing.
- Land ownership enquiries and maintenance of property terrier.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound experience of Conveyancing work.
- Experience of Contract work.
- Previous Local Government experience.
- Ability to produce clear reports both to Members and Managers.
- Ability to understand and communicate statutory requirements.
- Awareness of current Local Government issues.
- The ability to provide innovative solutions to problems.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases