Up to £37890 per annum
15 days ago
A permanent opportunity for a Principal ICT Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Stroud.
- To ensure the organisations IT infrastructure & network is fit for purpose, serviced appropriately and securely maintained.
- To assist with implementing projects which will support the Council's long term goals and objectives.
- Perform 3rd line Systems/Network Administration tasks as required.
- Manage and support SAN storage, server virtualisation & backup environments.
- Work with the systems development team to develop and deploy corporate applications through our virtual desktop environment.
- Investigate & troubleshoot WAN & LAN issues, escalating with suppliers as appropriate
- Pro-actively monitor and maintain a range of hardware & software using automated monitoring, patching & vulnerability scanning tools.
- To plan, manage and implement system and security updates, in line with government & industry standards
Skills and Knowledge
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or relevant experience
- An advanced IT related qualification or relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- An understanding of administrative processes and systems
- Experience of working with clients
- Ability to manage own time and workload
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.