£18.86 - £19.80 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a principal Engineer on an initial 1 years contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
* To assist with the progressing of proposals for road agreements from planning permission stage to completion.
* To assist the Senior Engineer in ensuring that layouts of new roads and changes to existing roads are designed and built to meet the Council's standards and appropriate contemporary urban design standards by working with other Council officers, developers and local planning authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide highway technical advice and co-ordinate Road Agreements Team planning consultation responses for planning applications.
- Advise Technician and Team Co-ordinate on the Advanced Payment Codes (APC).
- Assist with team site inspections relating to construction works undertaken on the existing Highway and development sites.
- Liaise with internal the Council teams to secure specialist approvals.
- Respond to correspondence received by the Road Agreements Team, giving excellent customer service.
- Independently calculate commuted sums, inspection fees and bonds for schemes, and support Technician Engineers carrying out this function.
- Instruct Legal Services on 1980 Highways Act Private Street Works, Section 38 & 278 agreements.
- Carry out technical audits and issue approval in line with the Councils specifications and provide support to Technician Engineer carrying out this function.
- Compile and complete Highway adoption files, scheme files and general team processes.
- Manage own and assisting team portfolio of work, including ensuring all correspondence and information is saved to the electronic database system.
- Assist and monitor works completion, maintenance periods, formal inspections and remedial works in line with Councils standards.
- Continually develop Technician Engineers skills and abilities as well as actively seeking training or development for themselves and team members.
Skills and Experience:
- Civil Engineering Level 4 Higher National Certificate or relevant civil engineering experience.
- CSCS qualification and holding valid CSCS card
- Ability to interpret and produce technical audits and give sound advice without recourse to manager.
- Experience of large scale development management.
- Experience and understanding of highway maintenance techniques.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and policies in relation to highway adoption procedures.
- A working knowledge and experience of Highway construction design & specifications.
- Knowledge of highway construction materials, their properties and uses.
- Experience of negotiating road agreements (Private Street Works, Section 38 and Section 278 Agreements) for the provision of transport services and infrastructure.
- Experience of site supervision/ inspection of highway infrastructure together with sound record keeping.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office suite products.
- Experience and understanding of advance payment code procedure.
- Negotiation skills.
- Proven customer service skills including liaison with internal specialist teams, elected members, public, consultants, developers, contractors & solicitors.
- Comprehensive understanding of technical submissions, including plans, road safety audits and site investigation reports.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own workload independently.
- Demonstrate financial skills in order that commuted sums, bond figures and inspection fees can be calculated.
- Completion of relevant personal development, training courses and ability to help develop technician engineers skills and abilities.
- Be able to compile information required for Highway adoptions files, including excellent record keeping and documentation.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
2 Written references.
A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.