£21.11 - £22.11 per hour + + Benefits
23 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, for a Principal Auditor has arisen within the local authorities in Sandbach.
The role requires an experienced, CCAB or equivalent qualified internal auditor to support the Internal Audit Manager in ensuring the effective delivery of the audit plan.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in planning, leading and delivering complex audit assignments across the whole range of Council services.
Initially working remotely following a face to face induction in a covid-19 secure workplace. A laptop will be provided and experience of Microsoft Teams would be desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Deputise for the Audit Manager on those areas for which the post holder has specific responsibility.
- Lead, plan and manage the Shared Services and Partnerships audit work of the Internal Audit Service and its staff.
- Work with Cheshire West and Chester Council's Internal Audit service and other partner audit services, and manage joint working arrangements.
- Lead and perform audits covering the major core financial systems, key strategies and policies and service systems of the Authority.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the governance and assurance framework for Shared Services and key strategic partners and report to relevant officer boards.
- Advise on the development and maintenance of, and help implement, key corporate policies and procedures relating to Shared Services and Partnerships.
- Lead and perform strategic and Value For Money reviews in order to promote and realise lean thinking and continuous improvement.
- Liaise with external auditor on Shared Services and Partnerships internal and external audit reviews.
- Provide audit training and advisory support to staff to raise awareness and improve the Shared Services and Partnerships control framework.
Rate of Pay
There might be flexibility in the rate for the right candidate.
Hours of work are 09:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.