Up to £42684 per annum
28 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Auditor to join our busy offices based in Wembley on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £42,684 per annum.
As the Principal Auditor, your main duties will include:
- To undertake risk-based audit reviews and ad hoc audit projects across the Internal Audit Shared Service.
- To assist in the development of the risk-based audit plan.
- To ensure that audit reviews are undertaken in line with the Shared Service Audit Protocol and methodology.
- To ensure audit reviews are completed within the time-scale and budget allocated at the commencement of the project. To report to the Internal Audit Manager at the earliest opportunity if it appears an over-run is likely and provide reasons for this and potential solutions for recovery of lost audit time.
- To supervise and control the work of trainees/junior staff allocated to assist on a project for which the post holder is the designated auditor.
- To ensure that the Audit Manager and Head of Internal Audit, Risk Management and Investigations is informed of any fraud or irregularity that is reported/suspected or detected or arises out of an audit project undertaken by the post holder.
- To undertake training initiatives as stipulated by the Audit Manager/HIA.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all legislative and policy frameworks that impact on the delivery of the internal audit function.
- Complete annual appraisal requirements.
- Where operational reasons make it necessary, to assist in the investigation of cases of fraud, irregularity and malpractice throughout all departments of the council or designated external body which has arisen as the result of Audit activity or which have been reported to the Head of Internal Audit, Risk Management and Investigations.
- To maintain all necessary records for the monitoring and reporting of the performance of the function.
- To provide support to the HIA in ensuring the successful completion of all tasks and that work is accurate and up to date and that deadlines and targets are met.
- To carry out such other duties that may be required from time to time by the HIA.
To be successful for this Principal Auditor post you will need to have:
- IIA Qualified or Part-Qualified. Accountancy qualifications also acceptable
- Experience of risk-based Internal auditing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within the Council.
- Highly motivated and outcome-focused to ensure that objectives of the audit team are delivered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including experience of producing high-quality audit reports.
- Ability to work on own initiative and deliver the allocated section of the audit plan within defined timescales and with minimal supervision.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.