£287.16 - £301.52 per day
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Principal Auditor on an initial 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 37 hours at £287.16 per day PAYE.
To independently plan and deliver a significant portfolio of highly complex, sensitive and high profile systems, probity, operational and technical audits across the Council, group companies, schools, partnerships and external clients often concurrently and to agreed deadlines without supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- With no supervision, deliver high-quality procurement, contract and commercial audits and focused audit opinions, to budget and within the timescale, that positively influence key stakeholders to embed risk management and internal control practices and to improve the overall strength of the control framework
- Assess the adequacy of commissioning arrangements including joint commissioning that are in place for improving service delivery and driving change.
- Independently deliver clear and comprehensive reports, strategic plans, briefings, presentations and other documents, understandable by all levels of management that may be relied upon in the face of legal or regulatory challenges or disputes
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting to key stakeholders e.g. Chief Executive, Strategic Directors, Service Directors, Audit Committee and Risk Committees by submitting high-quality conclusions of audit work and progress data
- Ensure that the audit approach complies with agreed audit methodology and that the quality of the file, audit papers and electronic data are maintained to high standards throughout each audit, reports and escalates area of concern and noncompliance Work autonomously and take responsibility for own work to support the delivery of value add assurance services to all stakeholders
- Carry out ad hoc assignments and provide advice and consultancy to Services as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Fully qualified (CMIIA or CCAB) and a member of a professional body with clear evidence of continuing professional development.
- Extensive experience of independently planning, managing and delivering commissioning, procurement, contract and commercial audits in large organisations at a Senior Auditor level.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a commercial environment and the ability to undertake value for money and contract management audits
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing effective assurance arrangements and tools to support effective independent assurance of Portfolio, Job title Principal Auditor Corporate Directorate Customer and Support Services Service Assurance 2 Programme and Project activity.
- Demonstrable experience of being a proactive, independent thinker who can confidently express their views, having the ability to look across their work and understand and apply bigger picture considerations where necessary.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within the organisation at all levels, including a successful track record of influencing a diverse senior stakeholder community to adopt good practice internal controls and risk management and governance processes.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases