West End, London
£26.00 - £27.3 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Practice Manager on the initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is a shared service across Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster City Council, and Hammersmith and Fulham.
The MASH brings representatives from Children's Social Care together alongside co-located professionals from Met Police and the NHS. The MASH also has virtual links to agencies such as Education, Housing, Probation, the Youth Offending Team, and the UK Border Agency.
The MASH is an information-driven service that aims to improve the quality of information sharing and safeguarding decision-making, obtaining a fuller understanding of the child and family circumstances and the risks these may present to safety and well being. The MASH team has strategic oversight and responsibility for overseeing safeguarding issues such as Missing Children and Child Sexual Exploitation.
The MASH Decision Maker sits at the heart of the MASH Service with responsibility for ensuring that referrals to the service receive a timely, high quality risk assessment based on all available information. In conjunction with this, the MASH Decision Maker also provides support and supervision to both qualified and non-qualified Social Care staff. In the absence of the Service Manager, the Decision Maker will occasionally have to deputise.
The job is a specialist position for someone working at Senior Practitioner or Deputy Service Manager level.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Completing an Initial Risk Assessment (RAG) of referrals to the 3-borough MASH
- Ensuring there is an on-going risk appraisal as information is gathered
- Working with MASH partners to analyse and interpret information
- Organising final decision meetings with partners Page 3 of 7
- Making final decision (RAG) on level of safeguarding risk
- Summarise information gathered and reason for decision
- Work to resolve any disagreements between MASH and referrers
- Manage onward referral to appropriate borough team/service
Skills and Experience-
- Ability to specify packages of care
- Ability to analyse and audit the work of others
- Ability to undertake performance reviews
- Ability to keep up to date with research and changes in practice
- Ability to chair meetings
- Experience of working within an inner-city or multi-ethnic setting
- Dip SW or Equivalent
- Current HCPC registration
- 4/5 years experience in a Social Work or related setting undertaking complex work with children
- Experience of supervising students
- Good knowledge of children's legislation
- Good understanding of the statutory framework within which Family Services operates
- Ability to undertake complex assessments on children in need and at risk
- Ability to maintain high quality recording
- Ability to use computers effectively and to adapt usage in line with IT developments
- Experience of working in an intake team
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.