Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £20.79 per hour
21 days ago
Our client is seeking a Portfolio Lead on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £20.79 Per Hour PAYE
To ensure the delivery of a portfolio of projects and programmes within the agreed cost, time and quality framework, which meet our strategic priorities and derive maximum benefit for the region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on and manage the day to day delivery of the controls and process function of the PMO and ensure that governance, processes, procedures, controls and reporting are developed, implemented, embedded and maintained.
- Drive PMO performance through the fostering of innovation and implementation of best practice Portfolio, Programme and Project methods.
- Responsible for managing the Programme Appraisal Team (PAT), including terms of reference and the secretariat function for the meeting.
- Responsible for the review and updating of the governance, approval pathways and related delegations in line with WYCA's remit.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Assurance Process, guidance and templates providing support to WYCA and external partners.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of risk, outcomes/benefits, change control, evaluation, quality, compliance and interface management.
- Responsible for the provision of practical support and guidance and clear and consistent advice on relevant Assurance pathway options and the practical management of the interface between Policy / Delivery / Services / Partners on a scheme by scheme basis.
- Responsible for ensuring the assurance process is updated to reflect any changes in standards, regulations or guidance.
- Responsible for implementing controls, measures and reporting across the portfolio to support timely decision making and appropriate stakeholder interventions
Skills and Experience:
- Educated or experienced to Degree level in a relevant field or relevant demonstrable practical experience.
- Relevant professional qualification in portfolio, programme or project management (e.g. PRINCE2, Practitioner, MSP Practitioner, APM).
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Understanding of programme and project management methodologies including risk management and benefits realisation.
- Experience of making compelling business cases/ reports to a range of audiences.
- Strong understanding of the purpose of a PMO and assurance/gateway processes.
- The sustained experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels, demonstrating gravitas and determination.
- Good understanding of approaches to commercial management, best practice, scheme delivery and performance management.
- Relevant and recent experience of working in a public-private sector partnership context, within a local government environment.
- Analytical skills, with fluency in communicating outcomes, both verbally (e.g. presentations) and in written form (e.g. reports).
- Understanding of technology, tools and systems and technical disciplines relating to scheme delivery
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.