Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
£8.55 - £9.61 per hour
10 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Porter to join our busy offices based in Wishaw on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £8.55 p/h.
As the Porter, your main duties will include:
- Transport of patients between the wards and theatres.
- Transfer of patients between trolleys/beds and theatre tables, assisting staff with positioning patients.
- Assisting theatre and medical staff with patients and theatre preparations as required.
- Prepare and clean theatre trolleys.
- Assist with the receipt and storing of supplies.
- To be responsible for ensuring that there are adequate stocks of collection bags for linen and waste available.
- To be responsible for the collection and appropriate disposal of linen and waste from the department.
- Daily cleaning of theatres and theatre floors.
- Assisting pharmacy with the receipt and storage of cylinders, maintenance of cylinders stored with the department and changing them as required. Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Assist with the moving of equipment and equipment maintenance, i.e. changing filters on suction machines weekly as required.
- Ensure any accidents, complaints or defects in equipment are reported to the senior nurse on duty
- Provision of a messenger service to and from other departments within the Hospital.
- To undertake duties as specified on the daily/weekly plan.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.