Up to £18.63 per hour + Excellent Benefits
13 days ago
3 months +
A 3 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Pollution Officer within the local authorities in Atherstone.
Overall Purpose of the Position
- To identify, investigate, monitor and rectify pollution in the Borough.
- To contribute to the development of policy as required in the various fields relating to the activities of the post.
- In particular, to carry out pollution related duties of the section, and, more generally, duties which reflect his/her seniority and experience, with the minimum of supervision and direction.
- The implementation of the Council's Contaminated Land Inspection Strategy, together with a formulation of advice on the remediation of known areas of contaminated land in the Borough.
- Identification, investigation and monitoring of air, land, noise and water pollution within the Borough. Taking acoustic measurements and recordings where appropriate and interpreting gathered data. Taking formal and informal action to secure environmental improvement in appropriate cases.
- The processing of applications for permits under relevant legislation, including the inspection of premises, preparation of documentation, and the writing of permit conditions. The re-inspection of relevant premises to ensure compliance with conditions, and making the necessary variations
- The identification of areas which would benefit from environmental improvement in terms of pollution reduction, preparation of such improvement strategies in conjunction with others, and their implementation.
- Support the ongoing assessment of air quality in the Borough and the implementation of any new air quality strategies.
- Contribution to the development of new policies in areas related to the work of the section as required, and modifications to existing policies as legislation or circumstances demand.
- Keeping informed of all new legislation, Government circulars, Codes of Practice and other documents relevant to the work of the section. This will include the preparation of working documents on changes and advising colleagues on their implications.
- Current or past experience in related work.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and the underlying concepts and principles of the specialist area
- Experience of investigation and enforcement, including the initiation of prosecutions.
- Relevant degree or other professional qualification (s) e.g. BSc./MSc.
- Additional qualification(s) in e.g. contaminated land, acoustics or air pollution.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
Hours of work are 09:00am -5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.