North Warwickshire, Warwickshire
£14.00 - £17.00 per hour
25 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arrived for a Pollution Control Officer based in Warwickshire - paying £14.00-£17.00 P.H
This position is a role for the public sector,
Overall purpose of the role:
- To identify, investigate, monitor and rectify pollution in the Borough.
- To contribute to the development of policy as required in the various fields relating to the activities of the post.
- In particular, to carry out pollution related duties of the section, and, more generally, duties which reflect his/her seniority and experience, with the minimum of supervision and direction.
The duties of the post include:
- The implementation of the Council's Contaminated Land Inspection Strategy, together with a formulation of advice on the remediation of known areas of contaminated land in the Borough.
- Identification, investigation and monitoring of air, land, noise and water pollution within the Borough. Taking acoustic measurements and recordings where appropriate and interpreting gathered data. Taking formal and informal action to secure environmental improvement in appropriate cases.
Undertaking the necessary work to ensure that all performance indicators and targets in the Divisional and Corporate Plans are complied with.
Carrying out a satisfactory programme of environmental monitoring, inspection and re-inspection ensuring that consistent action is taken
The enforcement of environmental health legislation specifically related to the specialist section.
Liaising with consultants as required on all aspects of the section's duties and responsibilities
Contribution to the development of new policies in areas related to the work of the section as required, and modifications to existing policies as legislation or circumstances demand.
Keeping informed of all new legislation, Government circulars, Codes of Practice and other documents relevant to the work of the section. This will include the preparation of working documents on changes and advising colleagues on their implications.
Acting as a departmental consultee on pollution related planning applications and land search enquiries. This is to include ensuring that planning conditions relating to contaminated land are properly discharged.
Degree level qualified
This post can be extended due to your own recognition - these roles can be made perm depending on yourself.
If you have the experience and would like to know more - please contact me on: 02038902797 or
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.