£16.26 - £17.07 per hour
18 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for s Pmo Delivery Manager to join our clients offices based in Southsea on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Pmo Delivery Manager, your main duties will include:
- Providing a consultancy service that offers advice and guidance on programme and project set-up e.g. provision of fast track programme/project mobilization support maintaining a bank of best practice knowledge and supporting the dissemination of that knowledge to the team. This will include building and maintaining a register of training courses internal and external; building and maintaining a register of PPM events - exhibitions, forums and seminars etc and building and maintaining a repository of high quality examples of programme and project documentation.
- Developing and maintaining an MS Project Programme that captures all tasks and activities that need to be undertaken throughout the project lifecycle.
- Developing PMO solutions to issues through tools and templates and associated guidance; testing and evaluating their effectiveness/efficiency and keeping a log.
- IS champion for agreed IS changes and processes
- Set up of a consistent document management system for all projects.
- Facilitating the adoption of PMO processes, tools and templates.
To be successful for this Pmo Delivery Manager post you will need to have:
- MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (intermediate level)
- GCSE English and Maths (A-C)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner (desirable)
- Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of developing policies.
- A good understanding of the structures, processes and governance frameworks across the City Council.
- Experience of managing a range of projects.
- Experience of implementing business change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both orally and in writing. Ability to actively listen to feedback and constructively challenge at the right time.
- A positive attitude combined with the ability to work collaboratively and build supportive relationships across all directorates.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and at times with a minimal direction
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.