£13.99 - £14.69 per hour
14 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Play Maintenance And Parks Infrastructure Officer to join our clients offices based in Nuneaton on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Play Maintenance And Parks Infrastructure Officer, your duties will include:
- To monitor the condition of children's play areas across the Borough, liaising when necessary with maintenance contractors.
- The planning, design and development of parks and countryside sites, including play areas, skate parks and multi-use games areas (MUGA) and the development and implementation of individual site management plans.
- To develop an annual infrastructure maintenance programme and to be responsible for the allocated budget.
- To liaise with manufacturers, contractors and allied organisations as required to maintain parks open spaces and play areas.
- To collate safety inspections and prioritise refurbishment and repair work accordingly for play areas and other parks and open space works as assigned.
- To assist in the preparation and development of specifications, for the procurement of specialist works in parks and act as client officer for external contractors.
To be successful for this Play Maintenance And Parks Infrastructure Officer post you will need to have:
- Experience of working within a local authority grounds maintenance environment or related environment
- Experience of designing infrastructure maintenance related projects
- National Certificate in Horticulture or equivalent qualification in a related subject
- Ability to draw up schemes and designs in accordance with the respective clients wishes
- Be able to communicate in a clear, accurate, confident and friendly manner
- The ability to establish, maintain and develop programmes of work together with the resources required
- High degree of motivation and personal enthusiasm, and able to use own initiative
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.