£16.86 - £17.70 per hour
10 days ago
Our client is seeking a Planning Technician on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 35 Hours
Pay Rate: £16.86 P/H PAYE
To undertake work in connection with town planning related matters, dependent upon specific areas of work. Planners will be located within one of two Sections: Development Control, (including planning enforcement and trees), or Plans and Projects) - to ensure and maintain the efficiency of the service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be familiar with the changes in techniques, legislation and guidance relevant to the field of work.
- To respond in writing, by telephone or in person to enquiries from members of the public, developers and other organisations on town planning matters and advise appropriately.
- To undertake site inspections (accompanied and unaccompanied) as required in relation to specific town planning tasks performed.
- To ensure that third parties are appropriately consulted during all relevant stages of the development control process.
- To prepare reports on certificates of lawfulness, planning applications and applications for advertisement consent to be considered by delegated authority.
- To negotiate with planning applicants/agents as appropriate (in person, in writing or by telephone) to ensure that planning applications and advertisement applications dealt with by the post holder are determined in accordance with the development plan.
- To investigate alleged breaches of planning control and to report direct to the Principal Planning Officer (Enforcement) on any action (if any) to be taken.
- To provide cover on day-to-day matters in the absence of the supervising officer on matters directly relating to the duties of the post holder and refer more complex issues for decision where early responses are required.
- To use information technology (ICT) and geographical information systems (GIS) as required.
- To provide inputs into land use related policy statements and development control reports on straightforward issues.
- To contribute to the preparation of proofs of evidence required as part of the plan making process.
- To ensure that land use records are maintained and updated.
- To contribute to the preparation of development plans, supplementary planning guidance and relevant background studies.
- To carry out surveys with regard to planning policy and development control matters.
- To organise and prioritise work in accordance with targets including BVPI targets, targets contained within relevant service plans, Best Value Improvement Plans, business plans and individual appraisals.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council's policies covering equal opportunities and customer care.
- To ensure that health and safety policies are implemented at all times and raise any concerns regarding their operation or any other safety matters with the appropriate line manager.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases