£25.59 - £28 per hour
24 days ago
12 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Planning Strategy Manager to join our busy offices based in Stroud on a temporary basis for 12 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £25.59 p/h.
As the Planning Strategy Manager, your main duties will include:
- To be responsible for the preparation of the statutory Local Plan and supplementary planning documents and guidance.
- To be responsible for the development, periodic review and implementation of CIL /S106 including the delivery of infrastructure projects to support the Local Plan
- To deliver the statutory duty to cooperate with neighbouring planning authorities and Government departments by means of responding to policies emanating from other planning bodies and joint working on strategic planning matters.
- To support parish and town councils with neighbourhood planning, including the delivery of neighbourhood plans and identification of assets of community value.
- To attend and report to meetings of Planning Review Panel, Environment Committee, other committees and Council as necessary.
- To prepare and present material at Council meetings, examinations in public and planning appeals, public meetings and exhibitions as required.
To be successful for this Planning Strategy Manager post you will need to have:
- Member of the RTPI with extensive experience of plan making
- Experience of staff management or supervision
- Good team worker and experience of leadership
- Excellent understanding of planning policy, legislation and guidance
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Committed to excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent IT skills, including use of MS Office software and an understanding of administrative processes and systems
- Appreciation of budgets and expenditure
- Experience of working with the public, professionals, councillors and developers
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.