West End, London
£16.75 - £17.75 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
5 months ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Planning Officer to join our client's offices based in Kensington on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 36 hours per week at £16.75 p/h PAYE.
As the Planning Officer, your main duties will include:
- Inspecting plans, carrying out site visits and assessing development proposals and possible breaches of planning control, including monitoring
- Providing advice to applicants and other customers, including on whether permission/consent is likely to be granted and how schemes may be altered so permission/consent may be granted, and negotiating planning applications and enforcement matters (often with a gross value of many millions of pounds and negotiating significant financial contributions through legal agreements such as under s106), considering alternatives and recommending the most appropriate course of action
- Advising third parties about planning matters and the scope of planning control
- Maintaining notes of site visits, meetings and records of actions
- Drafting reports and recommending whether applications are granted or refused and whether enforcement action should be taken for submission to the planning committee or for decision by the Director of Operational Head of Development Management.
- Preparing statements and other materials for appeals and prosecutions for agreement by the Team Leader and/or Operational Head of Development Management, and to appear as the Council's representative at inquiries, hearings and court.
- Keeping applicants, complainants, colleagues, councillors and others informed of the position of current cases and to share knowledge where necessary.
- Checking applications for validation as part of providing a joined-up service to applicants, giving the necessary advice to applicants and maintaining appropriate records
- Assisting in the Customer Service Centre and ensuring the highest levels of customer service
- Instructing and leading formal enforcement action where authorised
- Contributing to service improvement projects
- Such other relevant duties as may be allocated from time to time
To be successful for this Planning Officer post you will need to have:
- A degree in town planning or equivalent
- Licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or equivalent)
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development
- Chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or equivalent) or eligibility for chartered membership and evidence of relevant continuous professional development
- Some planning experience, some of which should have been gained in development management (including planning enforcement) environment
- Excellent working knowledge of current planning legislation and practice
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.