Up to £13.99 per hour
29 days ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Planning Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £13.99 Per Hour PAYE
Act as a case officer in respect of complex planning applications and appeals. Assist the Principal Planning Officer and Area Manager in carrying out the full range of functions within Development Management
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-application information and appropriate planning advice, to developers and their agents, landowners, other Divisions of the Council, Parish and Town Councils, Amenity Societies, members of the public, statutory undertakers and other external concerns and agencies requesting assistance from the local planning authority.
- Prepare reports with recommendations on planning and other forms of applications relating to the development or use of land and to prepare reports on any other matters of a development management nature or enforcement matters. It is anticipated that the post holder will be responsible for dealing with complex planning applications within the Development Management Service.
- Ensure planning submissions comply with statutory requirements for validity, and to issue appropriate instruction to support staff within the Service and to assist in the further processing of such submissions when required.
- Report to and/or attend any meetings as requested
Skills and Experience:
- A degree or Diploma in Planning or a closely related discipline
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Eligibility or full Membership of RTPI
- Experience of planning work, including major applications
- Experience in a Local Authority Planning Department
- Knowledge of current environmental issues and a demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with other professionals
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.