Up to £20 per hour + Plus additional benefits
20 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Planning Enforcement Officer within the local authorities in Bournemouth.
To ensure approved development accords with the planning permission and conditions are implemented to ensure a harmonious relationship between the build or activity and the wider urban or rural environment in accordance with the National Planning Policy framework
To investigate, negotiate and enforce, commence legal proceedings where necessary, when breaches of planning control, advertisement, listed building, and TPO infringements are identified.
Provide Councillors, applicants and the general public with an efficient, effective and accessible and professional planning service for which the post holder is responsible.
- Undertake enquiries both within and outside of normal working hours into complaints of alleged planning contraventions including site investigations, associated negotiations and make recommendations for action to conclude the contravention.
- Undertake site investigations/and evidence gathering having regard to RIPA and PACE
- Respond and investigate complaints from the public, Councillors and other internal and external customers by providing a professional, timely and effective service.
- Investigate criminal allegations of destruction or damage to protected trees or listed buildings. Liaise with other external agencies and organisations to secure convictions and proceeds of crime orders in appropriate circumstances.
- Monitor new development for compliance with conditions and relevant Community Infrastructure Payments/Legal Agreements.
- Work to the agreed performance standards that apply to Enforcement activity which are in place at any time and to the direction of the Planning Enforcement Manager.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE Grades C or above, including Mathematics, English, or equivalent
- General understanding of planning principles and development management.
- Diploma or equivalent in Planning or a related discipline (Desireable)
- Ability to interpret plans and write clear simple reports.
- Understanding of Planning legislation
- Understanding of relevant IT systems and databases
Rate of pay
Mileage will be paid when travelling to and between sites for work purposes.
Must have a proven background in planning and planning enforcement matters;
Must be available to attend sites as necessary to perform the role.
Hours of work are 09:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.