£17.67 - £22.00 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
22 days ago
A 3 month+ opportunity for a Planning Enforcement Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Chester.
Your main responsibility will be to manage planning enforcement cases and appeals, but from time to time you may also be asked to assist our planning applications teams. You will demonstrate the ability to work as part of our friendly and committed team of planners and support staff, have experience of working in the field of planning enforcement, be an excellent communicator and show a clear commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- To receive, log and investigate complaints where it is alleged that there has been a breach of planning control, including visiting the site, interviewing the appropriate parties.
- To monitor developments to ensure compliance with conditions imposed on planning permissions and planning obligations, including liaison with other Council services and interested authorities
- To maintain a register (as required by Section 188 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990) of enforcement notices and stop notices.
- To monitor the compliance dates of enforcement notices issued and gather the necessary evidence for prosecution and to attend and give evidence at the Magistrate's Court
- To consider and determine planning applications in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures when required.
Previous experience in a local authority planning enforcement role is essential.
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella Company: £22
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.